Thursday, October 24, 2013

Backtracking

My first job for this game was taking the core concept and creating a foundation for the gameplay. To this end, I developed what weapons would be used - the bow, war hammer, great sword, and others - and how they'd individually function, as well as some item ideas. Afterwords, I worked with the design team to further flush out how the game would play.


My task the week before last was to get more accustomed to using Unity, and to determine how to enable controller input. Fortunately this was fairly straightforward - Edit > Project Settings > Input shows the axis list, which can be configured to handle any and all controller input functions. Following that, I created a basic player controller script that would use the input from a controller to move player objects around.


Afterwords I began creating some basic artificial intelligence, so that players would have simple enemies to fight for the prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment